Top 10 Halong Bay Overnight Cruises
Halong Bay in northern Vietnam is known for its breathtaking scenery of emerald waters and towering limestone islands. Exploring this UNESCO World Heritage site on an overnight cruise is a memorable way to fully experience its natural beauty. Here are 10 of the top overnight cruise options for Halong Bay.
Paradise Elegance Cruise
The Paradise Elegance Cruise is a luxurious 5-star cruise that sails through Halong Bay. With only 18 spacious cabins, it offers an intimate atmosphere onboard. The cruise features [Image of Paradise Elegance Cruise Halong Bay] elegant decor, panoramic windows in the dining room, a sundeck with a bar, and a variety of dining options ranging from local to international cuisine. Paradise Elegance provides complimentary kayaking, Tai Chi lessons on the sundeck, and squid fishing at night. The cruise offers the perfect mix of comfort, luxury, and activities to experience Halong Bay.
- 18 luxurious cabins with panoramic windows
- Elegant decor and furnishings
- Variety of dining options
- Sundeck with bar
- Complimentary activities like kayaking and Tai Chi
- Intimate, sophisticated atmosphere
- Spacious, comfortable cabins
- High-end amenities and service
- Variety of included activities
- One of the more expensive options
- Can book up early
The Paradise Elegance Cruise provides a refined and luxurious way to experience Halong Bay. With its intimate atmosphere, spacious cabins, and indulgent amenities, this 5-star cruise is ideal for travelers seeking luxury and comfort on their Halong Bay cruise.
Stellar of the Seas Cruise Halong Bay
The 5-star Stellar of the Seas Cruise combines contemporary style with traditional Vietnamese hospitality. The cruise features [Image of Stellar of the Seas Cruise Halong Bay] a modern design with floor-to-ceiling windows, a spa, gym, and outdoor Jacuzzi. There is a variety of cabin options from deluxe to luxury suites. Onboard dining ranges from buffets to set menus focused on local seafood. Activities include cave exploration, biking on Titop Island, and sunset kayaking. The Stellar also offers unique experiences like a Vietnamese tea ceremony.
- Modern design with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Spa, gym, outdoor Jacuzzi
- Variety of cabin types and sizes
- Dining focuses on local seafood
- Cave tours, biking, kayaking, tea ceremony
- Contemporary style and amenities
- Several options for cabin size and amenities
- Emphasis on local cuisine and culture
- Unique inclusive experiences
- Can get crowded with larger groups
- Limited personal interaction with staff
With its modern design and amenities coupled with local cultural experiences, Stellar of the Seas provides a memorable way to cruise Halong Bay.
Elite of the Seas Cruise
As the newest cruise in Halong Bay, the Elite of the Seas Cruise focuses on luxury service and amenities. The cruise features [Image of Elite of the Seas Cruise Halong Bay] an elegant red and gold design, butler service in every cabin, an infinity pool, and high-end dining. There is a range of cabin categories, but all are spacious with floor-to-ceiling windows and most have private balconies. Activities like cooking classes and spa treatments are included along with cave tours and kayaking through breathtaking seascapes.
- Butler service for every cabin
- Infinity pool, spa, high-end dining
- All cabins have floor-to-ceiling windows
- Most cabins also have private balconies
- Cooking classes, spa treatments included
- Ultra luxurious service and amenities
- Very spacious, well-appointed cabins
- Wide range of all-inclusive activities
- New modern vessel
- Most expensive option
- Can sell out quickly due to popularity
- Caters to high-end travelers
For those seeking a truly luxurious Halong Bay cruise experience, the Elite of the Seas offers unmatched pampering, service, and amenities in a modern setting.
Scarlet Pearl Cruise Halong Bay
The Scarlet Pearl Cruise offers a more boutique, intimate cruising option in Halong Bay. With just 13 cabins, the Scarlet Pearl provides personalized service and experiences catered to each guest. The cabins feature [Image of Scarlet Pearl Cruise Halong Bay] private balconies with lounge areas that maximize relaxation and views. Gourmet dining focuses on fresh local ingredients. The cruise itinerary balances must-see Halong Bay scenery with less-visited spots for kayaking and swimming.
- Only 13 cabins for an intimate atmosphere
- All cabins have private balconies with lounge areas
- Gourmet dining with fresh local ingredients
- Small group or private day excursions
- Personalized service and experiences
- Boutique, exclusive vibe
- Balcony cabins maximize relaxation and views
- Visits less-crowded spots in Halong Bay
- Limited availability due to small size
- Less variety of amenities and dining
For an exclusive Halong Bay experience where personalized service is the priority, Scarlet Pearl Cruise offers intimate luxury.
Heritage Line – Ylang Cruise Halong Bay
The Ylang cruise from luxury operator Heritage Line offers an authentic wooden junk boat experience combined with modern comforts. The historically inspired design features [Image of Heritage Line – Ylang Cruise Halong Bay] spacious staterooms with contemporary amenities like rainfall showers. Local Vietnamese cuisine is prepared on board along with western options. The cruise focuses on cultural experiences like pearl farming village visits and morning Tai Chi on the deck. Kayaking excursions meander through maze-like rows of limestone peaks.
- Authentic wooden junk boat design
- Spacious staterooms with modern amenities
- Local Vietnamese cuisine prepared onboard
- Cultural experiences and excursions
- Unique, authentic ambiance
- Offers modern comforts
- Immersive cultural and history focus
- Scenic kayaking through limestone peaks
- More limited dining options
- Less flashy amenities than newer cruises
For travelers who want a balance of cultural immersion and modern comforts, the Heritage Line Ylang cruise offers a memorable traditional wooden junk boat experience in Halong Bay.
Orchid Premium Cruise Halong Bay
The Orchid Premium Cruise combines comfortable cabins and amenities with family-friendly activities. The contemporary design includes [Image of Orchid Premium Cruise Halong Bay] floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing scenic views. Cabins come in a variety of sizes from standard to VIP. Dining options range from casual to elegant. The cruise offers activities for all interests and ages like kayaking, cooking classes, and cave exploring. Amenities include a sundeck bar, Jacuzzi, and spa.
- Contemporary design with scenic views
- Variety of cabin sizes
- Family-friendly activities
- Sundeck bar, Jacuzzi and spa
- Great for families and groups
- Cabin options to fit different budgets
- Kids club and activities onboard
- Balances amenities with activities
- Can get crowded during high season
- Activities are group focused
- Less personalized service
With its comfortable cabins, family-friendly vibe, and range of activities, Orchid Premium Cruise appeals to those looking for an active Halong Bay trip.
Capella Cruise Halong Bay
The Capella Cruise focuses on luxury amenities and service while showcasing Halong Bay’s dramatic scenery through floor-to-ceiling windows. The sleek, minimalist design features [Image of Capella Cruise Halong Bay] an infinity pool, spa, fitness center, and fine dining restaurant. The Capella has the largest cabins on Halong Bay, starting at 47 square meters. All include private balconies and luxury amenities. Off-boat excursions include cave visits, cycling, beach time and water sports.
- Sleek, minimalist design
- Luxury amenities like the infinity pool
- Largest cabins on Halong Bay
- Fine dining, spa, and fitness center
- Incredible scenery through floor-to-ceiling windows
- Very spacious, luxury cabin accommodations
- High-end amenities and facilities
- Variety of activities and excursions
- Most expensive cruise option
- Caters exclusively to luxury travelers
- Often fully booked well in advance
For travelers seeking pure luxury and panoramic views on their Halong Bay cruise, the Capella is an unmatched option, if you can secure a booking.
Genesis Regal Cruise Halong Bay
The Genesis Regal Cruise offers a high-quality Halong Bay experience at a more affordable price point. The contemporary vessel features [Image of Genesis Regal Cruise Halong Bay] comfortable cabins, casual buffet-style dining, and amenities like a bar, lounge, and sundeck. Excursion activities include kayaking, squid fishing, Tai Chi lessons, and visiting limestone caves. While not as flashy as some newer luxury boats, the Genesis Regal provides an enjoyable cruise of Halong Bay highlights without breaking the budget.
- Contemporary design at affordable pricing
- Casual buffet dining
- Lounge, bar and sundeck
- Included excursion activities
- Comfortable cabins and amenities
- Experienced and welcoming staff
- Value pricing
- Access to Halong Bay highlights
- Less luxury amenities and service
- Cabins are smaller than higher end cruises
- Activities are group focused
For budget-conscious travelers, Genesis Regal Cruise offers a comfortable way to see Halong Bay without sacrificing too much in service and amenities.
Heritage Cruises Binh Chuan
Heritage Cruises Binh Chuan offers a quintessential wooden junk boat experience in Halong Bay for a reasonable price. The traditional handcrafted design features [Image of Heritage Cruises Binh Chuan Halong Bay] spacious cabins with air conditioning and en suite bathrooms. Local Vietnamese food is served for meals along with western options. Off-boat excursions visit caves, kayak through scenic lagoons, and hike up Titop Island. The cruise provides an authentic Halong Bay junk boat trip without breaking your budget.
- Traditional wooden junk boat design
- Spacious cabins with A/C and en suite bath
- Local Vietnamese cuisine
- Cave tours, kayaking, island hiking
- Authentic junk boat ambiance
- Experienced crew with great service
- Affordable pricing
- Chance to kayak through lagoons
- Basic amenities and facilities
- Less variety in dining
- Cabins are more basic
Heritage Cruises Binh Chuan gives travelers a memorable junk boat experience to appreciate Halong Bay’s natural beauty, without over-the-top luxury.
Sena Cruises Halong Bay
Sena Cruises in Halong Bay offers personalized small ship cruises for a more intimate experience. With just six suites, a maximum of 12 guests allows for tailored excursions and service from the crew. The traditional wooden ship features [Image of Sena Cruises Halong Bay] spacious suites with luxury amenities. Dining focuses on local Vietnamese dishes served family-style. The cruise itinerary includes kayaking through deserted lagoons, biking on Cat Ba Island, and cave treks. Special touches like beach barbeques and impromptu music add to the ambiance.
- Maximum 12 guests
- 6 spacious luxury suites
- Local family-style dining
- Personalized excursions and service
- Intimate, exclusive atmosphere
- Personalized experiences and service
- Local, family-style dining
- Flexibility to tailor plans
- Extremely limited availability
- Not suitable for children under 12
- No flashy amenities or entertainment
For an exclusive and intimate Halong Bay experience, the personalized service and homey atmosphere of Sena Cruises create special memories, if you can reserve one of the six suites in advance.
Top Activities in Halong Bay
Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the northeast of Vietnam. It is famous for its stunning limestone karsts rising up from the emerald waters. There are many activities to enjoy in Halong Bay, here are some of the top ones:
- Cruising the bay: This is the most popular activity in Halong Bay. There are many different types of cruises available, from budget-friendly day tours to luxurious overnight stays. You can explore the caves, go kayaking, swimming, or simply relax and enjoy the scenery. [Image of Cruising the Halong Bay]
- Kayaking: This is a great way to get up close to the limestone karsts and explore the hidden caves. There are many different kayaking tours available, from beginner-friendly to challenging. [Image of Kayaking in Halong Bay]
- Snorkeling and scuba diving: Halong Bay is home to a diverse range of marine life, making it a great place to go snorkeling or scuba diving. There are many different dive sites to choose from, ranging from beginner-friendly to experienced divers. [Image of Snorkeling in Halong Bay]
- Hiking in Cat Ba National Park: Cat Ba Island is located in Halong Bay and is home to Cat Ba National Park. The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including monkeys, deer, and birds. There are many different hiking trails to choose from, ranging from easy walks to challenging treks. [Image of Hiking in Cat Ba National Park]
- Visiting a floating village: There are several floating villages in Halong Bay. These villages are home to the local fishermen and their families. You can visit a floating village to learn about their way of life. [Image of Floating village in Halong Bay]
- Taking a seaplane tour: This is a unique way to see Halong Bay from a different perspective. You will get stunning views of the limestone karsts and the surrounding islands. [Image of Seaplane tour in Halong Bay]
These are just a few of the many activities that you can enjoy in Halong Bay. No matter what your interests are, you are sure to find something to keep you entertained.
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to Halong Bay:
- The best time to visit Halong Bay is during the dry season, which runs from October to April.
- The peak season is during the months of December and January. If you are planning to visit during this time, be sure to book your accommodation and activities in advance.
- There are many different places to stay in Halong Bay, from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious resorts.
- When choosing a cruise, be sure to consider the length of the cruise, the type of activities that are offered, and the level of luxury that you are looking for.
- No matter how you choose to explore Halong Bay, you are sure to have an unforgettable experience.
Weather in Halong Bay Vietnam
The weather in Halong Bay, Vietnam is tropical, with high temperatures and humidity year-round. The average temperature is 27°C, but it can reach up to 35°C in the summer months. The humidity is also high, around 80%, which can make it feel even hotter.
The rainy season in Halong Bay runs from October to April. During this time, there is a chance of rain every day. However, the rain is usually short-lived and the sun often comes out in the afternoon.
The best time to visit Halong Bay is during the dry season, from May to September. During this time, the weather is sunny and clear, with very little rain.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the weather in Halong Bay by month:
- January: The average temperature is 25°C, with highs of 28°C and lows of 22°C. There is a 10% chance of rain.
- February: The average temperature is 26°C, with highs of 30°C and lows of 22°C. There is a 5% chance of rain.
- March: The average temperature is 27°C, with highs of 31°C and lows of 23°C. There is a 10% chance of rain.
- April: The average temperature is 28°C, with highs of 32°C and lows of 24°C. There is a 20% chance of rain.
- May: The average temperature is 29°C, with highs of 33°C and lows of 25°C. There is a 10% chance of rain.
- June: The average temperature is 30°C, with highs of 34°C and lows of 26°C. There is a 5% chance of rain.
- July: The average temperature is 31°C, with highs of 35°C and lows of 27°C. There is a 5% chance of rain.
- August: The average temperature is 32°C, with highs of 36°C and lows of 28°C. There is a 5% chance of rain.
- September: The average temperature is 31°C, with highs of 35°C and lows of 27°C. There is a 10% chance of rain.
- October: The average temperature is 30°C, with highs of 34°C and lows of 26°C. There is a 20% chance of rain.
- November: The average temperature is 29°C, with highs of 33°C and lows of 25°C. There is a 30% chance of rain.
- December: The average temperature is 28°C, with highs of 32°C and lows of 24°C. There is a 40% chance of rain.
As you can see, the weather in Halong Bay is warm and humid year-round. The best time to visit is during the dry season, from May to September, when there is a lower chance of rain.
Halong Bay offers breathtaking scenery that is best experienced on an overnight cruise. From luxurious, contemporary boats to traditional wooden junks, travelers can find an option to suit their budget and interests. Immersing yourself in the tranquil beauty of Halong Bay while staying on a cruise allows you to fully appreciate this natural wonder, whether you seek luxury pampering or an authentic cultural experience. Carefully considering your priorities and options outlined here will help you pick the perfect Halong Bay overnight cruise for making unforgettable memories traversing this UNESCO World Heritage site.
are available almost 24/7 with our online supporting team, we are ready to support our customers from 5:00am to 23:30pm every day. So please do not hesitate to contact our assistance number: +84.787.590.333 – Free contact by Whatsapp/ Viber/ sms / or Email us: for any further information or urgent assistance.